- Strawberries: It contains malic acid, a naturally bleaching agent as well as an astringent. It helps to whiten your naturally. Strawberries also contain Vitamin C, which helps to remove plaque from your teeth. So, you must add strawberries in your food basket the next time you visit the supermarket to ensure proper dental care.
- Carrot: When you chew raw carrot, it aids to clean your teeth and enhances the production of saliva which, in turn, aids to kill bacteria in your mouth. Carrot also contains Vitamin A, which helps to maintain your eyesight as well as give strength to the tooth enamel.
- Cheese: Cheese has no colour, so it does not leave any stain on teeth. Moreover, it contains minerals, which provides strength to teeth and gums, such as calcium and phosphorus. These also insulate your teeth from the damage from harmful acids.
- Water: Water helps your teeth to stay
The part of the teeth you’re most familiar with is the tooth enamel. This is the hard, translucent, outer covering of the tooth. It is this part of the tooth that cavities can destroy and leave the tooth vulnerable to further decay and disease. The enamel is said to be the hardest and most mineral-packed substance of the body. Tooth enamel is made up of mostly minerals, with some organic compounds and water. The enamel is the thickest (and strongest) at the cusp of the tooth and is weakest along the tooth edges.
As we age, the years of use, abuse and wear and tear, the enamel slowly wears off in what is called attrition.
What is enamel made of? Crystalline calcium phosphate called hydroxyapatite accounts for most of the minerals found in tooth enamel. These minerals give teeth their strength, as well as their brittleness. Enamel also … Read the rest
- Consistency’s important. Aim to have a regular time to get up, finish work and go to bed. Prepare ahead for the coming day by making your packed lunch, putting petrol in the car, having your paperwork ready to go. Use lists so you’re organised and feel more in control. Plan your clothes or adopt a uniform outfit or colour.
- Be proactive and deal with any stressors, then park them until further input’s required. Try to avoid replaying situations in your mind. Be disciplined and calm your ‘fight or flight’ approach to stress. Take regular breaks, eat healthily and schedule fresh air and exercise; adopt a positive approach to work/life balance and getting a good night’s sleep.
- Dedicate quality time to family, friends but also schedule ‘me time’ for things that are important, but which may not include others. Be more assertive and say ‘no’ sometimes to requests and demands.
The Decompression Back Belt and The Neck Comforter
The Decompression Back Belt and The Neck Comforter are two fine physical therapy related devices which while being exceedingly useful, are easy to use, and require no additional assistance for usage.
So you could put these devices to use and say goodbye to pain. Alternately, these make a perfect item for gifting purposes for any near or dear one, who you know is prone to a backache or an ailing neck.
The Neck Comforter
The Neck Comforter provides relief from a stiff neck in a matter of just 20 minutes, and also helps you get over any related condition like a shooting pain in arms, dizziness or headaches.
The Decompression Back Belt
The Decompression Back Belt is easy to put on and easy to use. It’s the best way to heal a sore back.
You just need to put the decompression back … Read the rest
Working With Children
In today’s media-saturated society, there are more distractions than ever. It’s no surprise that many children report having difficulty focusing in the classroom. For children with attention-deficit disorder (ADD) or attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), the challenge can be overwhelming. Discrete, manageable goals can be the bricks of structured learning for children who might otherwise be discouraged by the broad, vague notion of “getting an education.” In another setting, children with special needs may have difficulty with sensory perception or limited motor skills. Again, occupational therapy gives kids a chance to focus on the small motions that are critical to self-care and meaningful social activity.
At the Office
Occupational therapy has a prominent place in the boardrooms and office suites of the world, helping to maximize performance, reduce the physical impacts of workspaces, and improve employee wellness. A professional can help C-level executives and other people in high-stress positions … Read the rest
Symptoms of Eczema
The major symptom of eczema is itchiness of skin. Sometimes itching starts before the appearance of rashes. The rash appears most commonly on face, hands, wrists, back of knees or feet. It also affects other areas.
When affected by eczema, the skin appears very dry, thick or scaly. In fair-skinned individuals, the affected areas look reddish first and then they turn brown, while in dark-skinned individuals, eczema may affect pigmentation and the affected area turns lighter or darker.
In infants, there is a possibility of the itchy rash producing a crusting and oozing condition that appears mainly in the scalp and on face. However, patches may appear everywhere.
Causes of Eczema
The cause of eczema is not known yet. However it is thought that eczema is an overactive response of the immune system of the body to an irritant.
Besides, eczema commonly occurs in families having a … Read the rest
Ear wax is present in all of us and its main job is to be a protective barrier between the inner, middle ear and external sounds. Wax gets accumulated periodically in the outer ear. This happens for many reasons. Some of us have an anatomical narrowing of the ear that stops the wax from coming out naturally. Prolonged usage of hearing aids, head phones or ear phones may interfere with the excretion of wax. Some people may have more wax accumulation than others. Wax build-up can cause some serious concerns which may affect a person’s ability to hear. He or she may have difficulty in hearing that can get extremely uncomfortable in due course. It also causes vertigo (dizziness) and in extreme cases it may also result in ringing of the ears, also known as tinnitus.
Many ENT’s these days do not recommend the use of any equipment along with … Read the rest
Kids Are Easily Scared
Electric toothbrushes can take some getting used to. They vibrate, buzz and make strange noises while you clean. And the sensation caused inside your mouth can be uncomfortable initially. Children are also more sensitive to gagging which makes the experience of using an electric toothbrush more challenging.
Since their air passages are smaller, kids find the larger brush heads more uncomfortable than adults. Brushing more gently and selecting the right sized heads are important steps to ensure your kids will enjoy using an electric brush. Remember, the goal is to get kids to enjoy cleaning their teeth and maintaining oral hygiene.
Kids Want Guidance
Parents are often the first people a child will turn to for advice – on anything. If you demonstrate the right way to use a toothbrush, kids will happily mimic you and enjoy using one. So before even planning to get children … Read the rest
Several signs and symptoms are of this particular issue. Though the symptoms are probably not precisely the same in two individuals, the well-known types are itchiness, burning sensation, irritation, redness, lesions, sore spots, oily scalp and baldness caused by frequent scratching on the afflicted spot.
Any time babies are affected with this issue, it is named milk crust. It is temporary, noninfectious and not health threatening. There could be symptoms like dark excess skin that may appear crusty and thick. Families should not be stressed when they find their young ones with signs and symptoms of milk crust. They should be aware that the condition is not damaging and neither is it hypersensitive. Then again, it is necessary to prevent the children from damaging their scalp because the more they scratch it; the greater will the afflicted part get damaged. Scratching might also cause bleeding and consequently minor bacterial contamination.