- What is your “why” for weight loss? Take a moment to visualize actually experiencing your why. It may be being on the beach in a bikini, being free of diabetes or riding a roller coaster with your child. Whatever your why is, take a moment to close your eyes and bring it to the now. Create that intense desire to feel good that will remind you of why you will choose to make certain decisions today.
- Now, in that desired feeling, visualize your day. What are you choosing to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner? Visualize what you will be saying no to out of choice because you are inspired with your why. Go through your day and visualize the goals you will implement for the day.
- Lastly, take a moment to feel the victory! How are you going to feel at the end of the day when you have
Keep your whole body in good general condition. Speaking is a physical activity and a healthy body creates a healthy voice. Get plenty of sleep, and exercise. Make healthy food choices and remember emotional attitudes directly affect the way you sound.
Reduce the stress in your life. Breathing is the key to self-healing.
If you become hoarse, immediately and drastically reduce your talking time. Save your voice for when it is necessary to speak. The same holds true if you’re sick, have a cold, allergies or any other affliction of the upper respiratory tract. Knowing how to use your breath correctly is a life saver during these difficult times.
Dairy products, milk, yogurt, cheese, and ice cream all produce excess mucous and should be eaten in moderation. Before giving a big presentation, I would avoid them. The same holds true for products with excessive yeast in them, beer, etc. are … Read the rest
FACING THE CHALLENGE – The uninvited guest is eczema; and it challenges you. It makes you angry, frustrated, and causes pain and shame. You feel like hiding and no one seems to truly understand what you are going through.
Yes, it is scary and messy because of all the creams, concoctions, itching and scratching. I have friends with eczema and I have seen their suffering. The challenge makes you feel powerless and close to despair and very disappointed.
FIGHTING BACK – But how do you do fight back?
- First, by refusing to accept the status quo; you must refuse to accommodate.
- Second, stand Your Ground and fight. These challenges make us uncomfortable, but you must stand your ground. Perhaps you are asking: Is there a natural healing for eczema? I must say that many people have found that healing quite easily.
- Third, keep searching; I have lost count
If your allergy is to airborne elements, you are really at the mercy of changing winds, weather, and seasons too when you are outdoors. There isn’t much that can be done to control the outside environment, but there is plenty that you can do to try to control the allergens in the air when you are indoors.
There are several tools at the allergy sufferer’s disposal to help, but some of the most effective are air purifiers that can help scrub the air of allergic compounds and remove the allergy causing contaminants.
Air duct filters are another valuable weapon in the arsenal for cleaning the air you breathe. Either used by themselves or in tandem with other air cleaners such as air purifiers, they can help rid the air of the following:
Dust, pollen, allergens
Pet dander, dust mites
Harmful bacteria, viruses
Pet odor removal: dog, cat, etc.
Mold / … Read the rest
Let’s take a look at a few of the most effective self-help fixes for snoring:
- Eat a healthy diet – Eating a well-balanced diet can go a long way to minimize issues with snoring. Even being slightly overweight can increase the likelihood of snoring. There is a build up of fatty tissue throughout the body when overweight. If this builds up in the area of the neck, it can have a negative impact on the airway, which stops air flowing in and out as intended.
- Change in sleeping position – The best sleeping position to minimize snoring is on your side. If sleeping on your back, there is the risk of excess fatty tissue, your chin, and tongue pushing down on your airway. This issue is removed by simply sleeping on your side. Also, there are special pillows to help achieve the desired sleep position. Additionally, there is the
I made a tough decision to have a Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy with a world-renown surgeon, based in Mexico. For two weeks, I engaged in a liquid diet and immediately dropped 20 lbs. I flew to Mexico and had the surgery, which went off without a hitch. I seemed to have zero complications and was smart about my approach towards the process. I did everything my doctors asked and followed the rules strictly.
During my pre-surgery phase, I was told to focus on drinking 100 grams of protein every day. This involved pounding Muscle Milk’s like a champ. Obviously, I drank water and juices, along with chicken broth to get me through the 14 days.
After my surgery, the doctors were happy and told me to work another 2 weeks on the same liquid diet and then I could move up to “soft foods”. Doing exactly, what I had done the
Do you feel an urge to run as fast as you can from a clown? Do you avoid places where you could meet a clown at all costs? Or maybe your child gets really anxious in circus or around clowns and you ask yourself why? If you answered `yes` to one or some of these questions you may be suffering from coulrophobia which is a phobia of clowns.
So, who can be affected by clown phobia? Do you think it`s unusual or common to be afraid of clowns?
Research shows that clowns can be scary for both children and adults. Clown phobia seems to be relatively common. A study conducted by the University of Sheffield shown that all 250 children (from four to sixteen years old) who voted on their preferences regarding redesign of British hospital expressed a fear or dislike of clowns.
What is the cause of clown phobia?… Read the rest
It’s a remarkable relationship we have with our tongue. In fact, it’s one of our primary sources of info when we first come into the world. Watch a waking baby and it won’t be but a moment before something’s in their mouth. Anything is game. And they’re not doing that because it all tastes good. (I’m sure much of it doesn’t!) What babies are doing is learning. They’re learning with their tongues.
That’s how we began. We had to develop our oral and motor skills, learning movement of the mouth and tongue, so we could graduate our way to speech. And, all along our tongue was sending lots and lots of data to the brain.
If you want to sleep, learn to bite your tongue.
When a kid’s doing a task that requires concentration, their tongue will likely escape out the side of their mouth – suddenly clenched between their … Read the rest
The implant consists of an external portion that sits behind the ear and a second portion that is surgically placed under the skin.
An implant consists of:
- A microphone, which picks up sound from the environment.
- A speech processor, which selects and arranges sounds picked up by the microphone.
- A transmitter and receiver/stimulator, which receive signals from the speech processor and convert them into electric impulses.
- An electrode array, which is a group of electrodes that collects the impulses from the stimulator and sends them to different regions of the auditory nerve.
Both children and adults who are deaf or severely hard-of-hearing can be candidates for implants. According to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), more than 324,200 people worldwide have received implants till date.
You need an implant if you:
- Have moderate to profound hearing loss in both ears
- Receive little or no benefit from hearing aids
- Score 50%
Assessing Your Needs
Your audiologist will start the selection process by initiating a thorough consultation. This includes learning about your lifestyle, expectations, preferences, and any experience with past hearing aid equipment. Your auditory care specialist will take a look at your test results and other information to review several options.
When thinking about listening equipment, you have to cooperate with the care provider so that he or she can understand your lifestyle. This is an important part of the hearing aid fitting process. You might have tried to avoid specific places or social situations as you started to lose your auditory functioning, but now the care provider can help you to decide what you would like to reintroduce into your lifestyle with your new equipment. For instance, if you loved to spend time on the phone talking to family and friends, you will want equipment that works better … Read the rest